Created by hww3. Last updated by hww3,
4 years ago. Version #35.
My "private press" is now also a type foundry! You can read about it (including some initial ramblings about Monotype University 6) in my monotype adventures
Information about the Monotype Composition Caster Automation Interface is available here:
Please also see the complete index of Monotype-related material:
Inventory: The Print Shop
Inventory: The Type Foundery
- Chandler & Price Pilot press, chase size 6.5x10 photo
- Chandler & Price New Series press, chase size 10x15, photo
- Chandler & Price New Series press, chase size 12x18, new in crate (see crated press)
- Jones Gordon Job Press, chase size 8x12 and adjustable bed
- Kluge M Series 10x15 Automatic Press with Feeder photo
- Vandercook SP15 Test Press (type high bed) with Power Inking
- Miehle Vertical V-50 photos
- 19" Challenge hand paper cutter
- 26" Chandler & Price "Craftsman" hand paper cutter photo
- Assorted type (wood, foundry and monotype, of course) and a BoxcarBase
- Hammond Glider
- Miscellaneous printing and bindery equipment (miterers, nipping presses, corner cutters, binders, perforators, paper drills, etc)
- 3 UK Monotype Composition Casters (16x17), one with Unit Adding
- 1 US Monotype Composition caster (15x17) with display
- 1 UK Monotype Supercaster with F.U. Transmission, with UK and US display mat holders and Lead and Rule attachment.
- 1 US Thompson Foundry-style Sorts caster, awaiting installation, with 0.05" mould and US and English display mat holders
- Monotype Style D Pneumatic Keyboard
- F. Deckel G1 Pantograph Engraver
- Monotype electronic 31 channel perforator and CompCAT computer typesetting systems
- Monotype Inventory
- Matrix Inventory
I purchased a number of items from Don Casey, who owned Anthracite Printing
in Nanticoke PA until his retirement in March of 2004.
We saved some interesting items from a back yard print shop originally owned by John Shinal
that had been idle since 1972.
Monotype Equipment has made its way to me from the type foundries at Woodside Press, Berliner press, Heritage Letterpress and from David Klinger.
The Miehle Vertical is ex-Wilkes-Barre Printing Company.