Created by hww3. Last updated by hww3,
10 years ago. Version #8.
This is an incomplete list of currently available features in FinScribe:
- Flexible Wiki engine using SnipSnap compatible markup
- Weblog functionality
- Multiple Weblogs per application (each page may be a weblog)
- Deferred posting of weblog entries (author now, post later)
- Multi-user capable
- Completely skinnable using Themes
- Per-object Comments
- Optional anonymous commenting with mandatory reCAPTCHA spam control
- Commenting disable for a document
- Access Control Lists (ACL) for secure control of objects and weblogs
- Extendible via Plugins (both wiki markup and application level macros)
- Many macros: photo album, rss output, category clouds, etc.
- Produces RSS 2.0 feeds for Weblogs, with embedding linking to RSS feed for Feedreaders and services such as http://technorati.com.
- RSS 2.0 Feeds for version history and comments for any object (in addition to weblog posts), as well as a feed of categories
- Includes an RSS 0.92/1.0/2.0 feed reader
- Automatic BackLink calculation and display.
- Supports TrackBack (pinging and receiving) with automatic TrackBack URL detection
- Supports PingBack (see http://ln.hixie.ch/?start for more info)
- Supports pinging Weblogs.com (or other services, such as http://technorati.com or http://pingomatic.com/for blog update announcements
- Category (tagging) support, including RSS feeds of category contents and individual RSS items includes category assignments (useful for services like Technorati).
- Attachment support
- Object locking (make a document writable by its owner only.)
- Object management: move, delete
- User administration
- User self-registration
- Skinnable interface using CSS
- Graceful degradation of AJAX features when desired (or when the browser doesn't support them)
- Versioning capability (new versions are created upon object saves)
- Visual Diffs and selection of versions
- Web based install GUI
- Pluggable article input widgets (includes wiki and WYSIWYG HTML via Dojo)
- Extendible using plugins (renderers, macros, event handlers, new paths, etc)
- Full text searching using Lucene (alpha quality)
- Caching of rendered content speeds delivery of pages by a factor of 10.
- Deployable as a standalone web server, as a module within http://caudium.net, or using http://www.fastcgi.com (tested with Apache and ligHTTPD) or http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/scgi (tested with ligHTTPD).