Created by hww3. Last updated by hww3,
10 years ago. Version #14.
We're a little short on good documentation, but we're making an effort to rectify that. Here's a list of development documentation that might be helpful:
- Getting Started, a step by step introduction to getting a working Fins environment (note that the Fins/Win package for use on Windows also works great on Unix, so you can just use that to get Fins up and running quickly).
- Internals, an in-depth introduction to the layout and startup of a Fins application.
- Model, one of the more complex aspects of Fins. Hopefully more fully explained now.
- Controller, is the event coordination framework in Fins.
- View, for use when you want to send dynamically built content (HTML, text, etc) back to the client. Supports multiple templating systems such as Simple Templates (described below) and XSLT.
- ConfigFile contains a description of configuration file parameters.
- DocController and layouts: a simpler way to combine controller and views.
- Simple Template, all you need to know to write template pages using the default templating system (read with the View documentation above).
- Stomp and JMS, for messaging integration.
- Breakpointing is a tool to streamline debugging of apps.
- http://hww3.riverweb.com/dist/Fins/modref/ex/predef_3A_3A.html contains the (under construction) module documentation.
- i18n, describes tools for translating your user interface.
- AJAX Tools, for adding rich AJAX functionality without pulling your hair out.
- StandaloneModel describes how to use the Model framework in non-Fins applications.
- http://ria.riverweb.com:8080/viewrep/hww3/trunk/FinsAddins is a new project for holding components useful when writing Fins applications.
- FinsNotes, a good place to record your thoughts and suggestions about Fins.
- http://www.gotpike.org, a list of pike links including the Pike Wiki and the Pike Module Repository.