Future Model Enhancements
Created by hww3. Last updated by hww3,
9 years ago. Version #4.
This is the incubator for ideas pertaining to future development of the model subsystem. Please feel free to comment or propose approaches that may fit well into the Fins framework (some of these tasks will require significant alterations to the current Model framework, particularly the object definition repository), so keep that in mind.
- Support types of data model other than SQL (see next item)
- Split DataModelContext and DataObject into interface and SQL implementation
- Transactions (in progress)
- Multiple connections to the same database (required for reasonable transaction support, COMPLETE)
- Models spread across multiple databases (COMPLETE, in essence)
- Better reflection / allow personality to map the field types (COMPLETE)
- More flexibility about what a primary key field can be.
- Multi-field keys (does this happen often enough to be worthwhile?)
- Support for more databases: improved support for postgres, additional engines such as Oracle (yikes)